World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) has recorded its first coronavirus case after someone in its ranks got infected with the Coronavirus.
From very reliable sources, the infected person is not an athlete but one of the cameramen in WWE.
He started having symptops of the virus, late march after the WWE’s final batch of tapiings, together with Wrestlemaina 36. But the identity of the infected person is yet to be disclosed.
They believed the individual contracted the virus after going out to dinner with friends who work in the health care industry.
After the case was confirmed, WWE made a statement saying, the mater is of low risk to WWE athlete and staff as the iindividual together with a roomate started showing symtops after a few days of being exposed to people working in acute health care on 26 of March WWE’s TV production on a closed set was already complete. WWE also said that no employee had been in contact with the individuals and they and they have made a full recovery.
News of the positive case comes after WWE confirmed they will be resuming live tapings without fans, starting Monday at WWE’s training facility in Orlando, Florida.
“We believe it is now more important than ever to provide people with a diversion from these hard times,” WWE told ESPN. “We are producing content on a closed set with only essential personnel in attendance following appropriate guidelines while taking additional precautions to ensure the health and wellness of our performers and staff.
As a brand that has been woven into the fabric of society, WWE and its Superstars bring families together and deliver a sense of hope, determination and perseverance.”
The next Monday Night Raw show is scheduled for Monday on USA.