In this age, social media is the main hub for recognition. As such, a verified account is a definite bonus factor for businesses/brands. A verified icon on Twitter indicates that an account is authentic. Usually verified accounts belong to brands in the fields of entertainment, government, business etc. However, Twitter has recently made this option available for all. Next off I’d like to give you a few benefits of having a verified account.
Benefits of having a verified account
- A verified tick signals high reputation and also authenticity. Customers will obviously buy goods/services from brands they feel are trustworthy.
- A verified account unlocks special account management features that will prove useful.
- Having a verified account will make the job of building a fanbase easier. Thus increasing your brand image & reputation.
Now that you know some of the benefits we can now see How To Get Verified on Twitter
STEPS TO FOLLOW
- First, head on Twitter and get the Verification form to start the process. Ensure that you use the account you wish to verify.
- Next, begin to fill the form. There are certain details that must be present, they are:
This aids in the confirmation of your identity and will also be linked to your online profile.
Twitter makes it mandatory for your business/organisation’s account to be linked to its email address.
As silly as it sounds, a bio is key determining in the verification process. Your bio should reflect the nature of your business/brand. For instance, a graphic designer’s bio should reflect his/her field.
This makes your brand easier to identify.
Twitter tends to favour those that have completed their profiles. Your header photo should reflect your brand.
As a brand or public figure, you must provide a website for your business. Twitter uses this in determining your legitimacy.
*NOTE: Your tweet settings must be public. There’s no point being a public figure if people can’t see what you post.
After cross checking this information, you can proceed to the next step.
3. Thirdly, Twitter will ask you for five websites that can be used in identifying you. Since your official website is most probably in your bio no need to add it here. For an optimal outcome, use sites which can prove your public influence and popularity. An instance is appearances on the news.
4. At this stage, you will be required to state why your account should be verified. Individuals should highlight their impact while companies should list out their visons/goals. You must be conscious of the fact that you are allocated only 500 characters. Focus on outlining how your brand adds value to the community. After this you can submit your form.
Even if your request is rejected, you can reapply 30 days later. For more of our posts click here